Friday, January 8, 2010

How can the gap be this large?

A group of terminale (seniors) had an exam this past Tuesday and for part of it they had to write an essay in response to this question: <> They had to write it in class (about 30 minutes) without dictionaries etc. Here are three essays - the best, an average essay, and the worst. I will let them speak for themselves. I typed them exactly as they were written. Some write in British English, others in American.

The star student:
I not completely agree about that. Parents shouldn't give total freedom to their children. It doesn't mean they have to watch up on them as if they were in jail. But, you know, it's the parents job to watch and make sure their children don't do any mistakes. If all children could do all they want it will be a mess. For example, most of them stop to go to school for playing with their friends. Plus, if parents quite this 'job' I think children won't respect their parents anymore, they'll dare to do all what they've always dreamed because they know they are free. So, in my mind, it's so not a good idea giving total freedom. Instead of that, parents should give some responsabilities to make sure they'll have the best behaviour possible in the future. Well, I'm not a parent right now so I can't really know how it is but I guess I'll try to be this kind of mum, not paranoid about the danger of life but not uninterested neither about my children's life.

Average:
I'm not agree parents have to give some limits in them children because some situations require the presence of the parents, exemple when a child swim, parents have to watch them. The children can increase in dangerous environment. The total freedom is not a solution for educate correctly children, because when we are a child, we need a model, and rultes to live in the middle. Exemple parents can let their child be use drugs and he can become an homeless or a junky. For me the total freedom, not give a good education for child, because they are not learn the respect and this is a thing important for live in society. If child not learn respect another, nobody respect them they can become bad.....

Worst:
I thinks that the parents who should give total freedom to their children are iresponsable because the life is very dangerous if the childrens have no rules So, The chickers have not parents stricts, they shoose that for them and no other children, parents, people.


Oh, the laughs I get sometimes....

No comments:

Post a Comment