Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy New Years!

Well, this is my first blog update in the year 2010 (which grammatically is said twenty-ten for those who haven't heard that already. I've taught that to every class of mine thus far), so Joyeux Novel An to you all.

Unfortunately, I don't have much to post about what's been going on in my life in the past few weeks, since it has been pretty quiet. Marco and I had New Year's plans but he ended up coming down with the flu the morning of the 31st, so I spent a quiet night in taking care of him.

One thing that has been somewhat funny, is that every French person I have seen since the New Year has wished me a "Bonne Annee et Bonne Sante!" This means Happy New Year and Good Health. It seems as though it is the polite thing today. I still had people saying that to me today! Just a small cultural tid-bit.

This big 'soldes' (aka 'sales') started in France on Wednesday. Marco and I met up at 8am (when the first stores open) to go find him new jeans and shoes. It was like Black Friday. People everywhere and amazing sales. He paid 30-70% less for everything he bought - Even a silk tie for 2 euro! Marco tried to convince me to buy new jeans but I decided to save that money for traveling instead. Who needs more jeans when you could see a new city or country!?

Bon week-end a vous tous! (Have a good weekend!)


P.S. Vote if you read this! I am curious how many people read this and if it might just be easier to send out personal emails, if it's only for a hand-full of people.

4 comments:

  1. YOU ARE SOOOOOO Mennonite..... you 'met up.' I guess that is the opposite of 'met down.' Ah, so glad Lancaster County didn't leave you. I vote YEA for the blog. I also know many people who read it but haven't registered to post comments. If you decide to send emails instead, post a blog with your email address or some way that they can be included. For those of us who care about you, we just want to hear from you- we love it! For the rest, it doesn't matter. You know what I always say as one of my mantras... But, I do think this gives you a pretty good idea about who does care, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's on the right hand side at the very top. i'll count that as your vote though :)

    ReplyDelete