Wednesday, May 19, 2010

So long, farewell, and now I say adieu....

Yes, for those of you who are confused, I don't leave France until tomorrow. However, I am leaving Nantes in 4 hours to head to Paris for my flight tomorrow morning. Yesterday I spent my day saying goodbyes and packing. Each bag is 49 lbs...it will be interesting navigating my way through the train station and airport with the huge luggage I have! Anyway, I met up with some of the remaining assistants to say goodbye and then I met up with some teachers from La Herdrie to say bye. Unfortunately, I did not get to stay very long but it was nice seeing them one last time.

The harder departures were saved for today. I already said goodbye to Marco's mom. We ate lunch together today and said bye after that. She wrote me a little note and gave me some cool souvenirs to bring back with me. It was difficult to say the final 'au revoir' just because she was such a huge part of my experience here in France. Next on the list of goodbyes is the cat (a little less difficult but I hope she isn't too crushed that she won't get her nightly Babara time!). But most importantly, I have to say bye to Marco. It's always very hard but it seems like it is a part of our relationship. We are both looking forward to the day when it will be no longer necessary! 4 hours until I have to climb over that obstacle....

Well, this is my last post from France. I'll keep you all updated about my life for awhile upon my return. Maybe I'll even be able to tell most of you in person :).

See you soon USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment