Tuesday, December 22, 2009

McDonald's is very faggy.

Tonight I went to dinner with Marco, Pascale, and Camille, Marco's brother. Marco treated us to the same Moroccan restaurant that he took me to for my birthday, which is really delicious. We loved the food and had some good franco-american conversation. During this time, I was explaining the difference between greasy and fatty (they use one word, 'gras,' for both). Camille misheard me and thought I said 'faggy' and not 'fatty.' You probably already know what happened because of the title. Camille is always good for a laugh! He is quite unlike Marco so it's fun to see the difference. Here are some photos from tonight.

Goofy Camille!

Camille and Pascale - I think they look very similar just Camille has darker coloring.

Me: French smiles!!!

Marco: NO! We need to do American smiles.
Me: Why?
Marco: Because you look better.
Me: So you think I'm ugly with a French smile????
Marco: No comment.

Pascale did a good job of catching the exchange.

The re-take with American smiles (American smiles = with teeth showing, French smiles = without).


4 comments:

  1. Agree.... American smiles SO much better but then isn't everything??????!!!!! Jon isn't allowed to comment :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can hear his rx to my post.... I was chuckling when I wrote that since it isn't true, of course. And, Jon would def give kudos to Thailand over America in a variety of areas. Right Jon?! Seriously, though, do French people smile closed mouth because so many have yellow teeth? They are prob jealous of yours~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, no, it's more that they think it's superficial and clown like. maybe for some people it's their teeth, just like in the US.

    ReplyDelete