Wednesday, December 30, 2009

***Christmas In France***

I spent Christmas with Marco's family in 'La Lande.' It is a little (I mean LITTLE) village an hour south of Nantes. All of the 'Bescher' side of the family got together at his grandfather's. We went on Wednesday and left late on Christmas day. It was a great opportunity for me to get to know Marco's family better and of course also to practice my French! I hardly spoke any English in that 60hr. time frame. Marco's one aunt is an English teacher so I was able to learn a lot of little tricks from her in order to improve my French. Well, as usual, I am going to share my Christmas via pictures because I think that is always better than reading a book.


Aunt Donna surprised me with this awesome package! I got it right before leaving for La Lande. I already read the book (it was awesome!), the Andes, the popcorn, and the goldfish are already gone and I'm working on the delicious cinnamon sugar pecans! Don't worry, I had a lot of help from Marco's family. I've never seen food eaten so fast in my life!


Marco and I matched in our blue Ralph Lauren shirts.

Putting together the Christmas tree and starting to get decorations out. We decorated on Wednesday and tore it down on Friday. (Me, Marco, Camille, the legs of Hugo, and the back of Alexis).

Camille and Alexis playing a game at the table while Marco made Jello - one regular one for the kids and one that had vodka mixed in for the adults. Alexis couldn't resist but smell the vodka jello.

Playing Petit Bac (aka Scatergories) with almost all the cousins (L to R: Me, Marco, Hugo, Camille). Marco and I won :).

No comments:

Post a Comment