Friday, December 18, 2009

CHRISTMAS IS HERE!


Well, I thought I still had one more day to go before break but I was wrong! Nantes almost never gets snow and I woke up this morning to a light dusting (about a centimeter) on the ground. It may be cold but it's very pretty! I went to the bus stop to go to school when someone passed me and informed me that public transportation had be canceled. I called the school to see if I needed to figure out a way to get there and they said nope - no one was really there. FIESTA! I did have to laugh that so many things are currently canceled because of such a minute amount of snow. I guess it's worse in France when your cars are the size of go-carts....

I also had my last French class for the semester on Wednesday. It was a Christmas party with the other classes that met at the same time. It was fun but sad to say goodbye too - I know I won't see most of those people ever again since they're only in France for the semester. Here's a picture of 1/4 of the class from Wednesday:


My prof is the girl in the middle with a blue sweater on (Priscilla). Countries that are represented in this picture: The US, England, Mexico, Romania, Italy, Germany, China, France and Spain. There were also students in my class from Poland, the Czech Republic, Taiwan, Iceland, Russia, Whales and probably others that I currently can't remember....

Well, Happy Friday!


2 comments:

  1. "Whales"? hahahaa love it

    enjoy your vacation time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah thank you Jon! I really should start to proof read my entries... thankfully you're around and can catch the ghastly ones for me!

    ReplyDelete