Thursday, October 29, 2009

Parc #3 - Ile de Versailles


At the entrance of the park.

Looking over L'Erdre river into the park.

There is a little boat station in the park where you can take one of the boats shown down the Erdre - Marco, Ronana, Anne-Laure (Ronan's girlfriend) and I did this over the summer!


Inside the park.


Inside the park.



I have no idea why this park is called 'Ile de Versailles.' When I picture Versailles I see enormous French gardens - very precise, straight lines with lots of roses and boxwood. The parallels between the two gardens? Umm...they both of plants and they're both in France....that's about it. Ile de Versailles is a Japanese style, free flowing garden in the middle of Nantes. It is between two merging rivers on a tiny island. It's a perfect location for people working downtown to eat their lunch (I just typed '...working dowtown to take lunch.' What's happening to my English!?) or to take an afternoon stroll during their 1.5hr lunch break. I have been to this park probably the most out of them all and unfortunately I don't appreciate it as much as I once did. I am hoping that once the leaves start to drastically change colors, I will once again find it's beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment