Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Seeing Kris and Jane Was Such a Wee Treat!













I think I will always have a love affair with the entire island comprising of Ireland and Northern Ireland. I don't know if I can exactly put my finger on why, but the scenery is amazing, driving on the 'wrong side' of the road is a bit exhilirating, realizing I can't understand accented English very well, and the people are incredibly hospitable. I think I had about 6 cups of tea a day because I just couldn't say no when people asked me if I wanted one. But, of course, the major hi-light of this trip was seeing Kris and MJ. Getting to meet their families, to see their homes, and to see their everyday living was very important to me. I don't think I could ever fully know someone without having a small glimpse into that world. During my time there, they took me to the 'cinema', Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge, Port Stewart, downtown Belfast, got a traditional N. Irish 'Belly Buster' breakfast, met some of their friends, etc. I am looking forward to heading just across the ocean again sometime in the next few months. And I most definitely expect the opposite too!


Pictures:
5- Sitting at the edge of a cliff with Kris (don't worry Mom, I was safe!)
4- Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge
3- Giant's Causeway 2
2- Giant's Causeway
1- Belly Buster breakfast

No comments:

Post a Comment